[IP] correlation between HbA1C and average BG

This question is addressed to those pumpers who keep records of average BG.
I would like to know if there is a simple multiplier between HbA1C and last
three months average BG value?

I got my HbA1C today - it is 4.97%. My last three months average is 108.8
and standard deviation of 46.0. (this average is based on ~600 samples - so
it is a reliable number)

I was under the impression that HbA1C multiplied by ~18 gives the estimated
average. Seems that it is not the case.

After eight months of 'pumping' my HbA1C decreased from 6.0 to 5.0%. I have
few low BG cases that I would like to eliminate - so, fine tuning the basal
is needed.

Thanks for any comments on this HbA1C and average BG correlation.

Avner (from Haifa  - ISRAEL)