Re: [IP] Wasting Humalog...changing of the sites and tubing

While new to pump therapy, this is what we were advised to do...

Change the site...we call it the "button"... every 2 to 3 days.  To do this,
we just disconnect, pull out the old set, reinsert a new set into a different
location, and reconnect.

Approximately every 6 days or when the insulin "cartridge" is low, we then
will change the cartridge and the line.

So far, so good.  But, like so many others, we have noticed the need to
change the site in about 2 1/2 days...blood sugars tend to rise.

Since I am not a medical professional, I am just restating the information we
received  from our pump instructors and our D team at Johns Hopkins...and as
said, so far...so good.

Just out of curiousity...is anyone else doing this?

BTW, we have the Disetronic pump (blue and clear) and use the Tenders...

Saundra...mom to pumper, Rachel