Re: [IP] Lethal Lancets

In a message dated 8/1/99 9:32:07 PM EST, email @ redacted writes:

<< I'd just like to say that testing blood sugar and giving insulin is a
 fact of life for diabetic kids.  And it usually needs to be done in school.
 Once you get to junior high or high school, it is very easy to do this on
 your own schedule, and that is when I do it.  no amount of rules will stop
 that, no matter how well intentioned they are.  ---Gianna
 p.s.  I can't wait till I get my pump--my principal will probably yell at me
 for wearing a pager.  that is until I explain it to her . . .I could always
 pull up my shirt and show her the needle . . . :) >>

Just be careful Gianna, Here at my kids' schools in NY state a lancet is
considered a weapon. When we had a meeting with the nurses, principle and
teachers we were told that if the kids were caught with a lancet in their
possession they will be EXPELLED. No questions, no explanations--just
EXPELLED. So be careful not to get caught.   Doreen-mom of 2 pumpers