[IP] Re: tape and seizures

> From: email @ redacted
> Subject: [IP] Tape and Seizures
> Well, here I am asking for help, yet again..... my 7 year old son ( dx'd
> at 19 months) is on the pump (since 5/10/99) and we are still having tape
> problems. This is the most frustrating part of the pump so far as we are only
> getting sites to last 2 days if we are lucky. Any help would be appreciated.
> Melinda
> Brandon's Mom

Hi.  In response to your question about tape. . .  For the first 3 years I used the pump, tape was never a
problem for me.  I simply used the tape that came with Sofsets and had no problem.  However, over time I
seemed to develop an increasing sensitivity to the tape, and eventually had to do something different.
Since then, I've used IV3000, Polyskin, Tegaderm, and combinations of those.  I've also used IV prep,
iodine, or just soap and water.  What I'm finding is that one method will work for awhile, then it stops
working and I have to play around with a new system.  I'm sure you'll receive feedback about specific
techniques and products, but I personally find that I have to just keep trying different things.  And this
summer, I'm having more difficulty than ever getting anything to stay stuck!

Hang in there, and keep trying new things until you find something that works for you and Brandon.  Sounds
like you both have a lot on your plate right now!  My best to you.