Re: [IP] I have a question

> back when i was playing vollyball, the ref removed me from the game,
> and had me remove or tape down my med alert necklace before i would
> be allowed back in the game. their reasoning said they were aware
> that i was diabetic, and would alert medical teams if need be. that
> still doesn't make much since to me, 'cause i'd be out of their care
> fairly fast if i was needing medical attention. I ended up taping it
> down. i figured that would better and more noticable to have it
> taped down.

Yeah, Lily has run into the same thing with league and championship
play. There apparently is a strict rule about ANY kind o jewelery,
medical or not. The really don't want metal imbedded in someone after
a collision of two players or a hard fall. I don't particularly
agree, but I know the medic alert issue is routinely discussed at the
league coaching staff meetings ' cause I checked. I have seen a few
kids carted off with broken bones after crashing into other players
so there are probably some valid reasons not to have metal parts
flapping around during play. Like I said I don't necessarily agree, I
would preferr for Lily to wear one, but that's the way things are.