[IP] Don't quit - keep playing

Bonnie wrote in response to Renee:

>And the best thing about this group is that I am giving up a lot of my
>guilt and frustration about bg levels not being perfect because all the
>good people on this group seem to have, for the most part, the same problem
>with inconsistencies.   I love hearing another pumper say "..went up to 250
>and I can figure out why, had to bolus....".  When this happened to me I
>ALWAYS felt wrong/bad.   Now I know, sometimes the body, bolus, and food
>just does weird stuff. The good news is that the pump makes it easier to

I received this following message from another list and tucked it away. I'm
not a very spiritual person by nature (or training), but this message moved
me. I like to think this group has the ability to put their arms around
each other, and help keep our songs moving along :-)

"Some drink from the fountain of knowledge; others gargle.
Wishing to encourage her young son's progress on the piano, a mother took
her boy to a Paderewski concert.  After they were seated, the mother
spotted a friend in the audience and walked down the aisle to greet her.
Seizing the opportunity to explore the wonders of the concert hall, the
little boy rose and eventually explored his way through a door marked "NO

When the houselights dimmed and the concert was about to begin, the mother
returned to her seat and discovered that the child was missing.  Suddenly,
the curtains parted and spotlights focused on the impressive Steinway on
stage. In horror, the mother saw her little boy sitting at the keyboard,
innocently picking out "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star."

At that moment, the great piano master made his entrance, quickly moved to
the piano, and whispered in the boy's ear, "Don't quit. Keep playing." Then
leaning over, Paderewski reached down with his left hand and began filling
in the bass part.

Soon his right arm reached around to the other side of the child and he
added a running obbligato. Together, the old master and the young novice
transformed a potentially frightening situation into a
wonderfully creative experience.  The audience was absolutely mesmerized.

Whatever our situation in life and histories, however outrageous, however
desperate, whatever dry spell of the spirit, whatever dark night of the
soul, God is whispering deep within our beings,
"Don't quit. Keep playing. You're not alone; together We will transform the
broken patterns into a masterwork of Our creative art. Together, We will
mesmerize the world with Our song of peace."

Author Unknown"

Bob Burnett

mailto:email @ redacted