Re: [IP] Lilly scholarships...

I too received college tuition from my state's dept of rehabilitation.
The paid my tuition and fees in full for being diabetic.  It took me 5
years to complete college.  They paid for 4 of them.  I got married my
5th year of college and for some reason, my husband's income (which was
very very low), disqulified me from receiving any more money.  I can't
remember how they categorized it.  It wasn't called a scholarhsip and it
wasn't called a grant.  I had to meet with a state rehab counselor once
each year about 1 month prior to school starting.  Appts. took about a
half hour.  The counselor assigned to me took care of ALL the paper
work.  It was a dietician the hospital where I was diagnosed that gave
me the tip on this.  I am for ever grateful for having received these
funds, as I would not have been able to afford college w/o it.

Becky D.

Joseph Diffee wrote:
> To Jenny and whomever else is curious,
>     I got curious...I pulled out all my old undergrad. papers and the
> scholarship was from Commonwealth of Virginia - Department of
> Rehabilitative Services.  So call them up in your state and tell them to
> show you the money!!!!!!!!!!  But don't forget...you'll have to tattoo
> your rear, arm and forehead as "being a diabetic"...just kidding! :-)
> -Tonya D.  :-)

Becky Draper
Hammond, WI