Re: [IP] stubborn high bg's

> Megan also goes higher right after going to sleep. She has no Dawn
> phenomena but her basal increases to .4 at 8:00 pm until 11:00 pm to
> cover this weird high. But it works!

Similar problems with Lily. We have taken a slightly different
approach. Her night time basal rate(s) are set starting at 1:00am
(she sometimes goes to bed very late) with her evening basal running
steady until then. When she actually goes to bed, she sets a
temporary basal rate that runs at least until 1:00 that has the
'extra' insulin she needs right after she falls asleep. If she is
within her target bg range AND it has been at least 4 - 5 hours since
she has eaten, she sets her basal at 1.0 u/hr (this has varied over
the years from about 0.7 to 1.4) with a downward
adjustment of 0.1 u/hr for each 10 points she is below 100. That's
just ballpark. She fine tunes it more based on the phase of the moon,
how she feels, etc.... In any event, this allows for a variable
bedtime and still provides the required large increase in basal rate
as she goes to sleep.