[IP] Medicare & Test Strips

My mother has Type 2 Diabetes.  Recently, she ordered some test strips.
These strips were supposed to be paid for under the new Medicare rules
that cover Type 2 Diabetics.  When she went to get the strips, they
would only give her a bottle of 25.  She was told that this was the
maximum that Medicare would approve for one month.  That isn't even
enough for one test a day!  Seems to me that Medicare just wants to look
good on the surface but isn't really helping the Type 2s much more than
before.  As much as I hate to say it, I sometimes think being a Type 1
is better as far as insurance goes.  Has anyone else run across this
same problem?  I am mad but I don't know where to turn for help in this

Thanks for letting me vent here.

		We can get information online ...
		but wisdom comes from On High!

"Sue's Plain Vanilla HomePage"