[IP] Site Corruption

Firstly, kudos to Wayne for his study.  However, this has
prompted me to post an issue that I'm been stewing over for
a while.

When my sites go "bad," it happens quite suddenly.  My
sugars can be good and then 2 hours later, they've risen to
180-220.  There they are stubbornly stuck unless I go to a
120% basal (works sometimes) or change the site.  What I
don't ever see is the 120-150 levels.  For some reason, I
would expect a more gradual deterioration.

What are the experiences of the rest of you?  Does anyone
have any hypotheses about this?