[IP] stubborn high bg's

I have a question.

Last night Kayla had 2 high bg's in a row.  Both over 400 about 3 hours
apart.  Bolused for the first one, then gave a shot for the second one.
Before anyone begins preaching that I should have given a shot for the
first one, I KNOW!  Anyway, changed out her entire infusion set and she
was 150 for breakfast.  Just got a call from her school and her bg is
back up to 290.  It was 268 mid-morning.  No ketones with any of these

What is going on here?  A cosmic fluke?  Or is this something I should
be concerned about?