Re: [IP] Illness and high blood sugars

Paula Berketo wrote:
> To anyone out there Thursday night around 9:00
> HELP!!!
> My MiniMed 506 alarm is going off non-stop.  I was in the middle of
> delivering a bolus and the alarm started sounding.  The only way I can get
> it to stop is by taking the batteries out.  I am scared I will have to go
> through the night without the pump.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> Pumpless Paula

This has been found to happen when a bolus starts at the same time that it
happens to be delivering a basal dose. Once you clear the alarm by pulling the
batteries it should be fine. If still concerned call the 800 number on the back
of your pump, 800 826-2099 to be precise. At least that's what's on the back
of MY 506!

Ted Quick