Re: [IP] I need help w/ insulin adjustment

In a message dated 8/27/98 12:14:51 AM Eastern Daylight Time, email @ redacted

<< To see how accurate
 the meters are compare them at the doctors office when blood is drawn for a
 blood glucose.  Use the same sample from the syringe on both meters and
 compare this to their report.  You might be in for a surprise, even though
 this is venous blood and not capillary blood that you normally use.  >>
I disagree with this option. Most all of the meter manufacturers suggest a
comparison of the results of a fasting plasma specimen applied to the meter
strip and  the result obtained by laboratory methods.  Not all physician
offices have laboratory analysis capability. Accuracy is considered acceptable
if the results are within 10-15% of each other.  Boehringer and Lifescan both
recommend this.
Barbara Bradley, MS, RN, CDE
(Member of a hospital medical blood glucose monitoring committee.)