Re: [IP] I need help w/ insulin adjustment

Hello again Kasey:
The only true way to monitor the basals is to continuosly monitor blood
glucose without eating.  By definition the basal amount is the amount required
to keep the blood sugar normal without food intake.  The bolus then covers the
food intake, and if that is not an accurate calculation then a supplemental
bolus is used.  Therefore you could use the weekends at home to assess the
basals picking a unit of time , eg the morning one time, afternoon another
time etc.  The basal rate should be 40 - 50%  of the total daily insulin.  The
boluses should be 50 - 60% of total daily dose.  I hope this is not redundant
information for you. Good luck.