Re: [IP] Problems with FastTake meter

Hi Sue,

I have been using the Accu-Chek Complete meter.  It is the only meter I
know of that will let you keep insulin records in .5 or .1 increments
(same as the pump).  It is also set up to record important pump
information (basals, boluses, etc.).  The only thing I don't like about
it is that it eats batteries.  I would, however, rather buy new
batteries (2 AAA) frequently than use an inaccurate meter.

BTW, I keep a FastTake meter in my purse to use away from home and have
not had any problems with it.

> Before I spend money on this, can anyone give me suggestions on which meter
> would be best?  I check my bgs approximately 7 or 8 times a day depending on
> how I am feeling and what my schedule is.  I have been pumping since February
> 1998 and feel pretty secure with my bolusing.
> But, my OneTouch is about 9 or 10 year old and I would like to have one that
> is faster and more accurate like the DEX was.
> Any ideas?
> Thanks, Sue G.
> email @ redacted

		We can get information online ...