Re: [IP] Problems with FastTake meter

This eventually has happened to every single meter I have ever had -- and I think I've had somewhere
between 15 and 20 different meters since the first ones came out.   They are just not very stable --
no single meter is consistently so although some are better than others.  Fast Take is much more more
accurate and has far less of those instances you describe than my precision or exact tech meters do.
It has more of them than my Accucheck or Profile.  Just when I decided the Accucheck seemed accurate
at least twice as often as the Profile, my Profile was normal 8 times last week when my Accucheck was
too high.  I doubt Lifescan will do anything immediately.  They know this is a problem.  The
technology is still not very good.  Things that increase the # of problems you might have:
    Not testing on a level surface (this is how I most often cause problems)
    Heat or cold
    Not enough blood or a smudge

When in doubt, check again.  As you saw when you rechecked, the 2nd reading on the same meter, the two
meters were about 10 points apart.  If you had tried one more time, you probably would have gotten
something between 115 and 140.    Actually, it's interesting b/c it is this variability that has led
me recently to start wondering what # to treat a low at.