Re: [IP] Problems with FastTake meter

> was 387.
> as the second reading was only 120! I then re-checked with the
> FastTake and got a 131 reading. This was all within 4 minutes time,

Meters which read serum plasma are not as forgiving as the whole
blood meters if not enough blood is applied to the strip. Serum
meters can produce a reading which is 'way off' and not warn you when
there is inadequate material to work with. In contrast, the whole
blood meters will usually say 'not enough blood' or 'calibration' or
some other peculiar message if the amount of test sample is too low.
This is from my own empirical evaluation, not any scientific study.