[IP] Problems with FastTake meter

Ok, I think this subject has come up before, but I feel it should be addressed again. The other
day I tested with my FastTake meter. I wasn't feeling sick, so I was a little surprised when the
reading was 387. I had guessed at my dinner bolus, so I assumed that I had guessed wrong or
forgotten something I had eaten. It doesn't take much to make my bg's skyrocket. Anyhow, after
programming a 4U bolus and starting it pumping, I decided to re-check with my other meter
(Accu-check). I almost dropped my pump trying to suspend the bolus as the second reading was
only 120! I then re-checked with the FastTake and got a 131 reading. This was all within 4
minutes time, so I know it was the meter, not my bg's. I was able to eat a snack to cover the 2.2U
I ended up taking and everything was fine. My main concern here is that I could have died if I
had gone to bed after bolusing the 4U that I definately didn't need.
I called Lifescan to tell them about my problem and they claimed that this was the first time they
had ever heard of this kind of problem. I know that's not true, because I've chatted with others
who have experienced the same thing. They sent me a new meter and I'm sending the old one
back, but I'll have a hard time trusting it from now on.
I guess I'm asking all of you to be sure to report any problems you have with any meter to the
manufacturer, especially if it's the FastTake. I'm hoping we can force them to address this issue.