[IP] cough syrup

  My dr. has me take NaldeconSR DX. It has no sugar or alcohol init,
and the same meds as RobitussinDM. The DX has stuff for a dry, hacking
cough. The EX one is for productive coughs. Works just as well,
without the sugar & alcohol problem. Tastes a bit better, too. You
might also find DiabetiTussin. Same type of cough med, but tastes
quite a bit worse, in my taste. Delsym is good, works longer, but for
me, it doesn't have the same expectorant power as the Naldecon SR.
Good luck! It is also over the counter.