Re: [IP] I need help w/ insulin adjustment

> some insulin adjustments.  I think I know what needs to be done, but
> wanted some input.  At 10:30am she was 198 and had a 13gCHO snack then
> went outside to play for 30 minutes

Well..... first, my guidelines for Lily are "no food" when bg's are
over 160. No point in spilling glucose in the urine or getting
higher. Second, you should make sure her basal rates are appropriate
before fiddiling with her ratios. The change in schedule WILL produce
a change in her basal requirements. Only use the ratio change
temporarily until you get her basals straightened out. Then you can
work on the ratios. One way to do that is to look at the extra
insulin or carbo needed to correct her bg's to baseline 3 - 4 hours
after a meal. This average + the knowledge of the carb intake over a
week or so will give you a correction factor carb/insulin ratio, and
allow you to adjust the ratio up or down.

i.e. known meal insulin for week + or - the adjustment along with
known carb intake for week will give you the new ratio. Throw out any
really wild out of bound data that throws her bg's very high or low,
it will just mess up the calculation.

E-mail me if you want additional info.

.  At 12:00pm (1 1/2 hr later) she