Re: [IP] Re: Corn Starch

These kind of bedtime snacks do keep your BGs higher during the night.  However,
it is tricks like these that cause many diabetics extra weight gain.  If your
basal is only covering what you need for a basal, a NiteBite would make you too
high.  If you ate the NiteBite, your basal rate is high enough to cover it.
That's fine if you want extra calories or you like eating before bed etc.    The
point that many doctors and cdes new the pump seem to miss is that the point is
not to match your insulin to a meal schedule but to match your insulin to your
body's basal needs plus whatever you eat.   If you don't want the extra pounds or
extra snacks, try lowering your basal a few notches below what you think it ought
to be and raising it slowing until you test under 120 at test times through the