Re: [IP] Corn Starch

> My doctor had me try NiteBite. It is made from sucrose, uncooked cornstarch
> and protein. It has been found that the uncooked cornstarch is released very
> slowly and the protein hold the blood sugar up for a longer sustained time.

I'm curious to know why you consider it necessary to have a long-acting
carb bedtime snack. Surely if you are regularly dipping in the night, is
it not easier to just reduce your basal appropriately?

The bedtime snack was necessary with long-acting NPH insulins, since
they have a habit of unavoidably peaking in the middle of the night, so
you need to have prepared your system with some carb which will peak
then as well. But for me this is thankfully a thing of the past now.

mailto:email @ redacted