[IP] anemia/diabetes/celiac connection

The anemia can be one of several types...there is iron defiency anemia
and then there is pernicious anemia which is another autoimmune
disfunction...i believe it is related to not being able to process food
correctly because of vit B12 not being processed correctly (forgive me if
i am saying this incorrectly...i am not sure i understand it
correctly...all the anemias are kind of confusing) ask your dr what kind
of anemia you have...i don't think taking iron will help if you have
pernicious anemia...although i am not a dr...and when i asked my doc what
kind of anemia i had he could not answer me...so i am seeing another
dr...and asked to have a bunch of autoantibody tests done to see if i had
any other autoimmune problems...i currently test neg but i have type 1
and hashimotos thyroiditis...both probably autoimmune related...michelle

>Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 18:52:27 -0700
>From: Ruth Elowitz <email @ redacted>
>Subject: Re: [IP] celiac/diabetes connection
>> btw, anyone else on the list anemic? i've severly anemic, to the
>> where i'm taking 4 iron tablets a day, and still not geting my red
>> cells up. but my real question behind that is does anyone know if
>> will effect bg's? i know it effects my ha1c, but i don't know about
>> my bg's.
>Yes me too.  The iron should not effect your BGs but the constipation
>stuff it sometimes causes can.

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]