At 07:58 AM 08/24/1998
email @ redacted wrote:
>     Brad,
>     Funny you should mention the high BG's following air travel.  I
>     thought it was just my imagination.  Possible causes: increased
>     stress, lower activity level.  I don't notice the effects being
>     consistent enough to predict them, so I just try to do an extra test

>     during flight to monitor any oddities.

Funny, I've had the opposite thing happen. I get low BG's when travelling
on business... I always attributed it to the extra running around (rushing
to the correct terminal, hauling luggage around, etc.) I'd typically be
traveling to a location above 4,200' in elevation (Salt Lake City and
Provo, UT). It's only a 90 minute flight from here, so there is not that
much sitting around in the airplane. I wonder if the higher elevation also
contributes to the difference (my home is only about 50-100' above