[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V2 #498

     I did a substantial amount for international travel when I was still
     using syringes, and never had any questions about the insulin,
     syringes, meters, etc.  In fact, I had many more inquiries from
     airport security when I would have tools (a few screwdrivers, pliers,
     etc.) with me that I used for my job!
     I've only traveled domestically since I got the pump, and have been
     asked about it only when the security people saw it and thought it was
     a pager.
     The obvious advice is to have everything with you (meter, strips,
     insulin, syringe, extra set, and FOOD).  Other than that, just go
     through security like everyone else.  If asked about the pump, just
     explain what it is.
     Remember, we should ALL be glad that the security people are doing
     their job!
     Have fun!
     -David Woodburn