[IP] Illness and high blood sugars

I have been sick with a severe head cold/fever/cough for a week.  I saw my
doctor and she says I do not have an infection, which I probably don't
since I was already on anti-biotics for an infection when I got this.  My
blood sugars had been high, but manageable using boluses of Humalog for
highs (I use Humulin R in my pump).

However, for the last 2 days I have been having really high swings, into
the mid 500's, and even Humalog is not having much effect.  I have changed
sets several times, switched bottles of insulin, checked my meter and
everything is fine.

For example, I was about 180 before lunch, took enough by pump to
compensate for lunch (25g carb/small amount of protein) and a bit more for
the higher sugar.  An hour and a half later, I was 387.  I took 6 units of
Humalog (recently opened, proven to work), which has in the past brought me
down to normal within 2 hours.  This time it is 2.5 hours later and I am

Now I know my brain is not functioning up to par, but this seems rather
strange.  I have never had illness produce such high readings.  Any ideas
would be most appreciated.

type 1, 19 years
pump, 13 years

Vancouver, BC, Canada