[IP] New pumper, what if I get low at night

> Hey guys,
> I got hooked up to my pump this morning - I am using humalog.  The
> doctor started me at .8 basal.  Is it possible to be doing this well
> this Fast!!!! Since 3:00 this afternoon my bgs have been below 120
> even after dinner..........The doctor told me that I would run about
> 200 for awhile until they got the basals correct.
> My fear now is going to bed with a bg of 100.  I am used to waking
> up at 4:00 am with a bg in the 40s so I tend to go to bed with a
> higher bg rate. I know that I am not taking nph but the fear is
> still there.  Can anyone suggest anything to calm my nerves...

You can allay your fears by doing some reading. I recommend John
Walsh's Pumping Insulin (see the website under Books for a link)

Second, read the HOWTO's on ratios, setting basals, etc on the
website HOWTO page.

These two resources will provide all the information you need for
self management of your pump, basal rates, etc...

Michael <email @ redacted>