re: [IP] Starting the pump

> Who is going to establish basal rates, carbo ratio's? Most regular
> physicians aren't that experienced here.  Plus raging horomones of a
> teenager would make this a bit more complex.

I don't recommend it, but by reading the material in Pumping Insulin
and on the Insulin Pumpers web site, you can switch to a program of
MDI without long acting insulin (regular only) which should work
nicely with a pump. It is necessary to wake in the middle of the
night and do an injection but this method will convert directly pump
basal without adjustment. Granted, my sample of one is small, but it
worked for Lily.

Michael <email @ redacted>