Re: [IP] Response to Support

> How often are you getting up in the night to test your kids? Is this
> a common practise of just during sickness, getting started, special
> occassions etc...? Katie

I get up every night between 2 and 3 to check Lily. Unless she
rigorously adheres to a no-food-after 6:00pm routine, her blood
sugars may be very high or low by then. She is stable as a rock from
2 'til morning. Evening meal is not the only problem. There a
soccer/no-soccer days, swim/no-swim, etc.... anything that fouls up
the evening bg's or schedule seems to mess up her night time bg's.
The period of time right after she goes to sleep is the most
critical. Her basal rate switches from 0.4 to 1.0 units and there
does not seem to be much wiggle room with respect to ending bg level.
We have settled into this 2:30 wake up routine and it works well.
Even when she goes off to camp, she sets an alarm and checks her bg's
in the early morning. She found that she was so active that it was
necessary to turn her night time basal rate down a little to prevent
recurring night time lows. When camp was over (2 weeks) she turned
them back up again.

Michael <email @ redacted>