Re: [IP] Re:

In a message dated 8/21/98 11:40:25 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<<  So, you are saying that I should be safe going to sleep
 at 100.  If I am lower (70 or 80) at 3 am should I do some glucose tabs to
 cover me?  This is the only scarely part for me.  It has been years since I
I usually recommend that my patients be between 100 and 140 at bedtime,
depending on their glycemic awareness, other medical complications, and age.
One 4 Gram glucose tab has the potential to raise your BG about 15-20 points.
It is always safe to check around 3 AM, just to stay on top of the BGs.
Welcome to your new life!!!

Barbara B.