Re: [IP] ID Bracelet

>I didn't mean to offend anyone, I just believe that those clunky medic
>alert bracelet are a constant reminder.  YUK!  I realize no one is
>perfect, but how many other people have to wear a hunk of metal 24-7,
>detailing their imperfection?

Actually, I totally understand how you feel. When I was first diagnosed,
and before I had totally accepted my condition, I used to feel that the
bracelet was a burden. I also had a lot of hostile feelings about wearing
it. Now, my diabetes is just a natural part of me. And, the bracelet is as
much a part of my regular dress as my watch. I've also realized that the
bracelet hasn't really called any undue attention to myself. It was only my
original negative thinking (and self-consciousness) which made it appear to
call attention to my condition. In the real world, if you aren't concerned
about it and don't behave awkwardly about wearing it, 99.5% of the folks
will either never even notice it or not even think anything about it. (The
other 0.5% are probably not worth worrying about).