[IP] medic alert issue

When did they start charging a $15.00 maintenance fee?? I've never paid an
annual fee in the 19 years that I've been wearing mine. I wonder if this is
just for newer members?

Regarding your question Sam, I just called Medic Alert yesterday to update my
profile to include "wearing an insulin pump".  The person who helped me informed
me that indeed there is a $15. per year, (or $35. for three years) maintenance
fee.  I told her that I haven't received any notification of annual fees since I
joined and asked her what that meant about my membership status.  She informed
me that I was still in their computer system, but I could not make any changes
to my profile unless I was paid in full.  So my interpretation of that is,
unless I want to play with my profile, there's really no incentive for me to pay
membership if they're going to keep my information intact anyway.  (It's
probably not the proper thing to do, but oh well!)

And in response to people who people who have had awful experiences with their
Medic Alert bracelet...I've had mine for 12 years, just the simple basic steel
one...I find it never gets in my way, it's secure and doesn't ever fall off, and
it's well worth the peace of mind.  And I have nothing to hide, no shame for
wearing a medical i.d. bracelet.  If people ask me why I wear it, I tell them.
And I'm not really dictated by fashion...who cares if it's not the most
glamourous jewelry, it serves a very important purpose.