Re: [IP] medic alert

I am not satisfied with the Medic Alert braclets.  I do not  recommend
Medic Alert bracelets for anyone wiht an active lifestyle or even a
lifestyle involving light housecleaning duties as these stresses are too
much for the design materials.

Over the last 25 years I have invested about $300 CDN in the frigin'
things.  They last all of 7 months (one month past the warranty expiration)
and then fall to pieces!

The times I would most need them they fail.  During rough-housing with the
niece and nephew at the lake the links separate and sink about 20 feet to
the bottom.  (Although this makes for more sport as we try and dive for the
thing).  At work they catch on machinery or even door latches and are torn
off.  Often they just seem to spontaneously fall appart while I'm walking,
biking or running!

I've had a welder weld the links and they still come appart wiht enough
force.  I've bought the nylon "sport" brraclet ($60 CDN + taxes) and it's
stitching has torn out and the plactic clips broke.  Note that the elastic
which attaches the stainless steel medic alert desolves with excessive
exposure to moisture as well.

Currently I'm using leather shoe lace to tie it to my arm.  this provides
limited success.   I confess that last week (while I was hypo) the knot
came out and it sank to the bottom of the lake again.

All Medic Alert says is that the braclets are designed to come appart at 13
lbs force in case of an auto accident or other such circumstance so that
the braclet breaks and not your wrist.

Anyone else have this trouble?

Darrin Parker
email @ redacted   Nova Scotia, Canada!