Re: [IP] ID Bracelet

>I felt like the pump was an attached medic alert. Isn't that enough? Do
>of you feel that we should be wearing a medic alert as well?
> - Katie

The fact that most people mistake the pump for a pager, speaks for itself.
At the back of my MiniMed it says that it is an "insulin pump"... but
someone would have to turn it over and look for it... not always dependable
in an emergency.

The an insulin pump can also be used for other things besides insulin. I
know someone who's getting a MiniMed pump for his wife, who has cancer...
the pump can also be used to infuse chemotherapy in this situation. So,
just because you have a pump does not make you a diabetic.