Re: [IP] ID Bracelet

I wear a cheap 3$ necklace, that says i'm a diabetic, I figure it can't
hurt and I really barely know its there.  I take it off to swim, and
every now and then, but try to make sure it is on when I drive.  I talked
to an EMT friend of mine, asked him what procedures were for med id tags,
he says that upon arrival at an accident scene, they look for tags pretty
late into the process.  Perhaps even as late as while in transsit to a
hospital (which probably means the inital first aid was wrong)  I haven't
asked him about pumps, but it would probably be a bigger cue that
something is up, and they might check for the tag ealier.  my .02

> I felt like the pump was an attached medic alert. Isn't that enough? Do most
> of you feel that we should be wearing a medic alert as well?
>  - Katie

James Lyons
University of Pennsylvania School of Engineering and Applied Science
Computer Science Engineering Class of 2000

Honesty is the best policy, but insanity is the best defense