[IP] monitor help?

I was told to always use the same meter and base my actions on only one meter. As long as
that one meter is consistant, your actions will always be consistant. If you feel low when
your meter reads 60, then assume that that is when you have to treat a low. Meters only give
a rough estimate of your Bg anyhow and readings should be considered as a "range".

>>>Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 09:48:59 -0700From: Ruth Elowitz <email @ redacted>
Subject: Re: [IP] Monitor Help?

    I understand about the variations in readings from one meter to another.
The question is if a meter like the Dex is 10-15% higher than another meter do
you treat a 10-15% higher reading as "too low" (or vice versa with highs?).
It is suddenly beginning to seem as if the threshold at which one is actually
hypo is not absolute (which could easily be the case), but if this is true,
for those of us with inconsistant symptoms, how do you know when to treat and
how do you factor in the individual meter's variability and the variability
from one meter to the next?  Or do you just ignore them and act on the #s