Re: [IP] Icq

> I have no idea what the limitations to a chat are... but since each chat
> opens up a new little window, I'd imagine there would have to be a
> restriction. It would be extremely difficult to try and keep track of even
> 8 conversations going on in their own separate windows.
> One of the reasons I installed ICQ was to keep in contact with my son who
> is going away to college next month (his first time away from home). I'm
> sure that I'll mainly get "need money" messages from him.... oh, well...

Icq is extremly popular among college students... as many dorms have
permanent net connections (ethernet etc), it allows the computers to be
online virtually all the time.  The most I have attempted is a 4-way
chat, and MAN that got confusing, two and three are fine, much above that,
and you start having trouble.  I know personally the free ability to talk
to my friends in much the same way as a phone conversation made
incredible differences in how I was able to stay in touch with people.
Its a great program, and I highly recommend it.

they let mac useres on, but they don't have a linix version...whats up
with that?!?  :)

James Lyons
University of Pennsylvania School of Engineering and Applied Science
Computer Science Engineering Class of 2000

Honesty is the best policy, but insanity is the best defense