Re: [IP] Protein in Urine

    Ace inhibitors have been shown to substantially reverse complications --
especially neurological ones like kidney failure (or less working kidneys)
and eye problems.  Part of what they do is lower your blood pressure but
there is of course more to it than that.      Some people recommend lowering
the amount of protein you eat, some recommend eating non animal protein,
others recommend not eating red meat, others recommend eating low fat.  In
my experience, each of these things improves my protein count, all of them
together improve it the most but they are not always necessary and the
improvement is sometimes small.  At end stages of renal failure, many people
have too little protein (b/c they are loosing it all through their kidneys)
and then the diet would change.   On the one hand, protein and fat put more
stress on your kidneys than carbs do and most Americans eat huge amounts of
both.  On the other hand, some protein and fat are definately important.