Re: [IP] Starting the pump !

You sound like a great mom with a great plan for your son's health. If your
son has sensitive skin I would DEFINITELY ask your doctor to prescribe EMLA
cream. When you get it leave it on for 2 hours before wiping it off and using
the skin prep. My daughter Megan is 6 and she does not even feel the
introducer needle. The skin prep is great, I use two when using the EMLA to
help get it off and to leave a stickier surface. We used the Silouette for
most of July and August through very hot weather, much sweating and at the
beach. The only time we had problems with the tape becoming unstuck was the
end of the third day of swimming at the beach. It had so much sand around it I
was glad it felll out and we put in a new one!!

I think you will find that your son feels better on the pump which will surely
help his school work and his total outlook on life. Good luck to the both of

Judy C.