Re: [IP] Starting the pump !

At 03:43 PM 08/16/1998 leisha wrote:

> Hello everyone;
>
> &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp my name is Leisha and I have been reading this
> list for several months now as I battle the insurance co. to get my
son's
> pump. I started this in April in hopes that I would have atleast part of
> the summer to get him adjusted before school starts.

Have you had the sales rep for your pump help you with the insurance
company?? When I got my MiniMed this past May, all I had to do is talk to
the sales person... he took care of the insurance papers, and made sure
the
doctor's letter had all the buzz-words that the insurance company wanted
hear. If there were any battles, I didn't hear about them... 6 weeks later
my pump was here.

If your pump sales person won't (or can't) do this for you, try another
pump company. MiniMed &amp Disetronics are quite competitive. What one
won't do the other will.

Sam