Re: [IP] ICQ chat

At 10:43 AM 08/16/1998  Donna Shepard wrote:
>Sam,  love the statement "sort of figured out."   Andy has had to help me
a lot
>with ICQ and am still learning.  I'm on a chat with some people in Canada.
>you know that you have to open the chat room before anyone else can enter?
>open the chat you must be on line on ICQ and in the chat room.  Is the ICQ
>the chat room or personal #?  What name did you use for your chat room?
>next object you need to get is the microphone for internet phone calls.
>really neat and cooool and can do it on icq also.  The magic words are

I think there's some software you have to load for audio chats... I'll have
to check it out. From what I've heard (not literally), its not like a real
conversation on the phone, but for free it's not too bad.

Yes, I did open up a chat room under Health Issues. However, it closed
after 90 minutes and it was getting pretty late. Maybe we can agree on a
date & time to try it again. Can you get more than one person chatting at a
time? I'm, still learning what this stuff can do.