Re: [IP] Monitor Help? Hypoglycemia?

In a message dated 8/16/98 3:03:43 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Has anyone read this study?  I didn't ask my endo too many questions
 about it because I was more interested in my son's health, but I am
 to know what this means and how it relates to our relative BG values.  >>
Ellen, I haven't seen the study, but how it relates to your low Bgs is the
fact that if someone without DM is low, the insulin from the pancreas will
slow down its output, which you are unable to do. The best you can do is turn
it off or lower the basal rate.  That can still be a problem because the
insulin already delivered is still active. My theory on non-diabetics with
"hypo" is that because many are not eating heathy, then their liver release of
glucose may be slower.  Your concern for healthy eating for your son is on

My opinion, of course.  Sure would like to find the article, also.

Barbara B.