Re: [IP] >Ted Quick

I thought I read in the Sil instructions that I was supposed to remove the
second half of the tape before removing the introducer needle, but this
hurts more than taking the needle out first.  I was just worried that maybe
the cannula would bend too much when I fiddled with the tape w/o the needle
holding it rigid.

I was thinking about this the other day (I'm using SofSets till I get some
more Sils), and decided I would turn back a corner to the tape so that
hopefully I can pull it free without very little bending of the cannula.

> From: Ted Quick <email @ redacted>
> To: email @ redacted
> Subject: Re: [IP] >Ted Quick
> Date: Friday, August 14, 1998 5:12 PM
> Art wrote:
> >
> > Hi Sue,
> >
> > I don't have any Sof Sets on hand,  but my problem was not from
insertion of
> > the needle.  I never used any kind of device to insert,  I just pushed
> > hard against my skin,  all I really felt was my hand hitting me.
> >
> > Due to my vision, I can't get the hole in the tape over the Sof Sets'
> > that rises above the skin surface. (try closing one eye, and squinting
> > other eye, this is what I see.)
> >
> > If you have any suggestions, feel free to express them!
> Ah yes, the other thing I hated about SofSets! Some people don't like
> aka Tenders/Silhouettes, but I find it so much esier to just aim the
needle at
> the site and slide it in at the proper angle. No little hole in anything
> clear,
> just pop it in, push down the front half of the tape, pull out the
> needle, take off the second half cover and flatten it on the skin.
Nothing to