[IP] Trying The Humalog / Velosulin Mix

After being on Humalog for just over a year now I finally decided to try
mixing humalog and velosulin.  When I started pump therapy I was velosulin for
1 month and didn't like my bg after meals.  I was thrilled when I started
humalog but I have too many lows after eating.  I don't have trouble with my
sites failing before their time.  I can usually go 5 days.  I hope the mixture
will make the "ride" easier.  Straight humalog can really seem like "rocket
fuel."  I called my endo today to get his "go ahead."  I'm his first patient
to give this a try and hopefully if it works out I will pave the road for some
of his other pumpers.  My CDE is against this idea but I'm giving it a try.
She told me that MiniMed and the insulin manufacturer don't recommend the mix.
I thought I have heard otherwise from this group.  I started out with a 3 to 1
ratio.  Is anyone else mixing for a this reason instead of the site failure