Re: [IP] Broken Pump

In a message dated 8/12/98 2:35:13 PM Eastern Daylight Time, email @ redacted

<<   In the mean time I drew up a unit and put it
 directly into the cannula.  Worked like a charm.  20 Minutes later he was
 Thanks to this group, I knew what to do.  So what is going to happen next? >>
IDEA:   you could use the insertion set connector as an injection port for
temporary use until you get the new pump. Inject meal bolus, plus the
calculated basal rate until the next meal.  At bedtime and 4 -5 hours later,
use the connector port to replace missing basal/ high BG boluses. Amount and
frequency would depend on whether using Humalog versus Velosulin Regular.

Barbara B.