From: email @ redacted
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] god bless 'merica
Date: Wednesday, August 12, 1998 12:07 PM

John  Neale wrote:

>strictly between you and me... your insurance complaining bugs me.

as I wrote to you personally...this is one of the joys of being an
If we complain loud enough, bitch long enough and vote in numbers
consequential enough...we CAN change things.  Democracy only works if you
behind it and push.

> If you really want to see what an insurance monopoly looks like, come to
> Britain. There is one health insurer here: Her Majesty's Government.

No thanks.  This is, if you look deep enough, one of the reasons our
forefathers got on the Mayflower in the first place (or was that taxation
without representation - I get those confused).  Maybe it is time for a
revolution in British health care system, John...heck, maybe it is time for
WORLD WIDE revolution.

> Health service maintains that pumps are unnecessary luxuries,
> and you can get just as good results from good old injections.

Julie Sears (formerly on this list) has been maintaining A1cs in the 4-6
for many years on the poor manĘs pump (regular and lente).  Health Service
right in that respect.

> I have one other option: move to a new country. And that I will shortly

Of course, you belong to the EC. DoesnĘt that allow you to move between
countries and obtain work, and thereby health care.  Here in America, we
just immigrate to whereever we want.  We have to have all kinds of permits
licenses to even go VISIT anywhere, let alone move there.  Of course, the
will TAKE anyone that washes up on a boat;  we'll offer them free medical
and government subsidised housing and food stamps because they sick and
have 7
starving children and come from some poor third world nation.

Just think how much advancement could have taken place in diabetes research
we could have that money they are spending on this Clinton/Lewinsky thing!
Personally, I am more than a little sick of the whole thing.  Why does this
country have its priorities so misplaced!!!

ok - off  my box

}-P xoxx