Re: [IP] Vile & Bare

> Altered for the better, of course. <vbg> I suppose we could also complain
> about how the current British spelling was altered from classic
> Shakespearean English which was again altered from the even more classical
> Chaucerian English. It only goes to show that everything changes.

Don't get wrong. I think the American "improvements" to the language are
excellent! Changes nearly always bring about improved efficiency. That
awful word "whom" has almost completely disappeared here.

BTW the German's have imported a lovely word for the mobile phone: the
"handy". An English word used nowhere in the world except Germany!

mailto:email @ redacted