Re: [IP] Monitor Help?

>Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 13:37:03 -0700
>From: Ruth Elowitz <email @ redacted>
>Subject: Re: [IP] Monitor Help?
>For those of you with Dex meters, is it smaller than the Complete and Profile?

About half to a third the size of a Complete. Different shape. It's  round and
sometimes can be hard to hold on to when your bg is low. It's roughly the size
of an Accu-Chek advantage

>More portable?

Very portable. No clumsy manipulation of test strips or contorting your body
to get blood on a spot.

>Does it record pump type info like boluses, carbs, exercise?

Nope, I don't think it was intended to provide much support for pumpers. It
will allow you five event markers, but that's as sophisticated as it gets.

>What does the software do?

I assume you mean the download software. It will download the meter contents,
reset the meter's memory, allow you to set the ranges, meter's clock, etc. It
will also produce several average, detailed, summary, and graphic reports.
Unfortunately, I'm at work and the software is at home or I could be more

I did like the Dex software a bit better than the Complete software. Neither
was a particularly shining example of well-engineered software, but the Dex
appeared to have been developed with some thought, unlike the Complete software.

>Do you know of a helpful rep?

Not only do I not know of a helpful rep, I don't know of ANY rep in our area.
I got the meter from a local CDE who told me that the sales rep was being
replaced. After a few phone calls to the local number went unanswered, I gave up
and started using the 800 number on the meter (1-800-348-8100).

The bottom line (at least for me) is that this will make a great back-up meter
when the free strips run out. In spite of the lousy PC interface software I still
plan on using the Complete as my standard meter. That is once Roche/B-M improves
the test strips.If you have any other questions, you can drop me an email. I'll
try to remember to bring in the manual so I can give authenticated answers.