RE: [IP] Monitor Help?

Ruth,

The Dex is very small - circular - fits in the palm of your hand.  There are
10 strips that are on a circular container that go into the Dex.  You push
the strip out when you are ready to test.  It only takes a small amount of
blood that is sucked into the strip.  It tests the serum level of the blood
(which generally is higher (20-40 points) than my Accu-Chek). It stores 100
readings in memory.  The software keeps a diary of  glucose, trends, pie
charts, etc.  It is not as detailed as Balance PC.

When I used Accu-chek there were times that my bs was 25 but surprisingly I
was still functioning.  When I told my doctor he always said "Your meter is
off".  When I got the Dex I would check my blood with both meters at the
same time - my Accu-Chek would read 65 and the Dex would read 90 - BIG
Difference.  There was a few times that the meters differed as much as 60
points.

Dex's number is: 800-348-8100

I don't know if you can get one from them - you might ask you doctor if he
has any.  They were given to doctor's to distribute to patients for trial.
It is nice getting free strips for a year......

BarbS