Re: [IP] Re: Humalog vs Regular

In a message dated 8/11/98 2:23:36 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< No where in the article does he mention "Humalog going off through
 being shaken around in the heat" >>

Thanks for reaffirming my memory here.  I thought I must have been low when I
read the article because I didn't remember anything about shaking the

 All in all, I thought the article was quite fair.  Someone on this list
(Ted??) has reported that his high blood sugars are corrected not by changing
infusion site, but by replacing the insulin in the syringe and tubing with
fresh Humalog, while keeping the same site.  I don't think there is enough
data either way to state that the problem lies with the Humalog itself, or if
it is an absorption problem.  Probably, it can be attributed to both factors
to some degree, with the heat issue being a hot topic this time of year.
(yes, Sam, I intended the pun!)

Mary Jean